About This Strategy - [Return to Top]
Assets Under Management (AUM): $892.6M (in US$ millions)
Required Minimum: $20 million
Benchmark used: Barclays Capital US Aggregate Bond
Strategy type: Bond (Fixed Income)
Strategy description: • Impact investing that provides the double-bottom line benefit of aiding underserved communities while seeking to earn a market rate of return through the support of low- and moderate-income home buyers, affordable rental housing units, small business administration loans and economic development projects • Invests in high quality, highly liquid and market-priced investments • Benchmarked to the Barclays Secutitized Index or customized indices
Strategy web link: External Link
About The Company - [Return to Top]
RBC Global Asset Management
Approach to Sustainable & Responsible Investment: RBC GAM manages $323.3 billion in AUM globally across all major asset classes. The Access Capital Community Investment strategy is a socially responsible fixed income investment that supports homeownership, affordable rental housing, small business lending, healthcare and other economic development activities targeted to low and moderate income individuals or communities. Investments are AAA securities and investors can target their investments by geographic location.
Research conducted: Internally
Researcher name: The Access Capital portfolio managers and analysts perform the primary ESG research for this fund.
Specific Screening Information by Category - [Return to Top]
- Climate / Clean Technology: Positive Investment
- Other Environmental: Positive Investment
- Community Development: Positive Investment - SRI that helps build stronger communities through its support of low and moderate income homebuyers, affordable rental housing, small business lending and other economic development projects. Investors can target their investments by geographic location.
- Human Rights: No Investment
- Labor Relations: No Investment
- Conflict Risk: No Investment
- Alcohol: No Investment
- Animal Welfare: No Investment
- Defense/Weapons: No Investment
- Gambling: No Investment
- Tobacco: No Investment
- Other/Qualitative: All investments are screened for social benefits (Housing, Healthcare, Education, Sevices and Jobs).