About This Strategy - [Return to Top]
Assets Under Management (AUM): $1150M (in US$ millions)
Required Minimum: $500,000
Benchmark used: Bloomberg Barclays Intermediate US Gov/Credit
Strategy type: Bond (Fixed Income)
Strategy description: Breckinridge's Government Credit Sustainable Strategy is an investment grade, intermediate duration bond portfolio that seeks to maximize risk-adjusted return and preserve capital while emphasizing environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance. Guided by proprietary ESG research, the strategy selectively invests in corporate, municipal, supranational and government agency issuers with above-average ESG profiles and/or bonds that fund essential environmental, social or economic development projects. Values-based customizations are also available.
Strategy web link: External Link
About The Company - [Return to Top]
Breckinridge Capital Advisors, Inc.
Approach to Sustainable & Responsible Investment: Breckinridge Capital Advisors is a Boston-based investment advisor specializing in the management of high-quality fixed income portfolios for institutions and private clients. Working through a network of investment consultants and advisors, Breckinridge offers municipal, corporate, government and sustainable bond strategies in customized separate accounts. At Breckinridge sustainability is an integral part of our business and investment approach. We strive to provide the highest caliber of fixed income management, facilitating a sustainable flow of capital from long-term investors to responsible municipal and corporate borrowers. As fixed-income investors, we are forward-thinkers. We seek to assess the reliability of future cash flows and identify future risks. We maintain a long-term focus and view our investments as medium- to long-term commitments. We believe it is our obligation as investors to lead and encourage a shift in focus within the investment community from short-term performance to long-term investing. Long-term investing favors enterprises that are operating in a sustainable manner today with an eye to material issues that may affect their performance in the future. We believe a shift to long-term investing is best achieved by moving beyond traditional financial analysis to a comprehensive assessment of both financial and non-financial environmental, social and governance (ESG) performance.
Total AUM in SRI: $$36,531M as of 12/31/18M (in US$ millions)
Research conducted: Internally
Researcher name: Breckinridge Credit Research
Specific Screening Information by Category - [Return to Top]
- Climate / Clean Technology: Positive Investment
- Pollution / Toxics: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Other Environmental: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Community Development: Positive Investment
- Diversity & Equal Employment Opportunity: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Human Rights: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Labor Relations: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Conflict Risk: No Investment
- Board Issues: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Executive Pay: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Alcohol: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Animal Welfare: No Investment
- Defense/Weapons: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Gambling: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Tobacco: No Investment
- Other/Qualitative: Our strategies identify and invest in bonds that strengthen education, expand public transportation, promote jobs, produce clean energy, conserve water resources, improve healthcare, and support communities and leading ESG conscious companies. Additionally, as a customized separate account manager, we are able to apply positive and negative screens to align with client values and missions.
- Shareholder Engagement - Private Dialogue: Conducted with companies on environmental, social or governance issues