Assets under management (AUM): $67.89M (in US$ millions) - See other performance data below
General Fund Type: All Cap
Specific Sizes or Types of Investments: $1000 regular; $250 retirement
Financial Objective: Capital Appreciation
Specific ESG Focus: --
To invest, call: 800-422-3554
Mutual Funds Description: The Gabelli SRI Fund (SRIGX) is an open-end mutual fund focusing on companies around the world that meet the Fund's socially responsible investment guidelines involving social as well as environmental criteria. These screens include fossil fuels, alcohol, gambling, tobacco, defense, and abortion.
Minimum Account: $1,000
Screening Venue: In-house and outside
Screening Database Used:
MSCI ESG Research
Our social screening process has been developed and refined over the past twenty years. We utilize both our internal research of 30+ analysts � who are broken up by industry and follow their companies around the world � as well as an external service from MSCI ESG Research, which allows us real time access, via the web, to their database on relevant ESG issues.
Proxy Voting Guidelines or Policies: Open external link in new window
Proxy Voting Records: Open external link in new window
- Climate / Clean Technology: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Pollution / Toxics: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Other Environmental: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies - The Fund does not invest in publicly traded fossil fuel companies.
- Board Issues: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Alcohol: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment - Excludes firms that generate more than 5% revenues from manufacturing alcoholic beverages.
- Defense/Weapons: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment - Excludes top 50 defense contractors.
- Gambling: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment - Excludes firms that generate more than 5% revenues from gambling sevices.
- Tobacco: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment - Excludes firms that generate more than 5% revenues from manufacturing tobacco products.
Year-to-date rate of return: 10.11%
1-year rate of return: 10.18%
3-year rate of return: 8.13%
5-year rate of return: 10.06%
10-year rate of return: 6.83%
Previous year rate of return: 10.39%
Management fee: 1%
Expense ratio: 1.68%
Standard deviation: 4.65%
Benchmark used: S&P 500 Composite Total Return | External link (Opens in a new window)
Disclaimer: Investors should carefully consider the investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses of the Fund before investing. The prospectus contains more information about this and other matters and should be read carefully before investing. Please contact Gabelli & Company, the Distributor of the Fund, at 1-800-GABELLI (800-422-3554) for The Gabelli ESG Fund Inc. prospectus. The Fund's share price will fluctuate with the changes in the market value of the Fund's portfolio securities. Stocks are subject to market, economic, and business risks that cause their prices to fluctuate. When you sell shares they may be worth less that what you paid for them, consequently you can lose money by investing in the Fund.