Assets under management (AUM): $20.67M (in US$ millions) - See other performance data below
General Fund Type: International, Global, Foreign
Specific Sizes or Types of Investments: Publicly Listed Real Estate Investment Trust (REITs)
Financial Objective: Open-end mutual fund which seeks to achieve long-term capital appreciation.
Specific ESG Focus: Sustainability as a business driver in public real estate investment trusts.
To invest, call: 1-844-740-VERT
Vert Asset Management
Minimum Account: $10,000
Screening Venue: In-house
Screening Database Used:
Vert's investment process is rooted in the results of academic research on sustainability in real estate. Our evidence-based approach focuses on the metrics within environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria that research has shown to be most material for real estate companies. We evaluate companies based on Key Performance Indicators most relevant to their particular business within the real estate sector. Only companies with a demonstrated commitment to sustainability qualify for the portfolio. Companies that have a history of controversy, are inadequately prepared for climate risks, or that operate in certain business lines, are disqualified.
We have three qualifying criteria categories: environmental, social and governance. Key performance indicators include energy and greenhouse reduction, green building certifications, biodiversity & land conservation, urbanism & public transit oriented, community impact & engagement, affordable housing, disclosure & reporting, stakeholder engagement, and greenhouse gas policies and programs.
We have three disqualifying criteria categories: controversy, business line, and risk. Key performance indicators includes bribery, corruption, human rights violations, displacements, fossil fuel & prison industries, health & safety, flood, climate change, and regulatory.
We use a long term buy and hold strategy and maximize diversification to try to lower uncompensated risks. Companies are held at approximately market cap weights to reduce turnover. The fund is sub-advised by Dimensional Fund Advisors LP, who bring over 35 years of experience in efficient portfolio management and trading.
Proxy Voting Guidelines or Policies: Open external link in new window
Proxy Voting Records: Open external link in new window
- Climate / Clean Technology: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Pollution / Toxics: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Other Environmental: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Community Development: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Diversity & Equal Employment Opportunity: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Human Rights: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Labor Relations: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Conflict Risk: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Board Issues: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Executive Pay: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Shareholder Engagement - Shareholder Resolutions: Filed or co-filed with companies on environmental, social or governance issues
- Shareholder Engagement - Private Dialogue: Conducted with companies on environmental, social or governance issues
- Description of Shareholder Engagement: Vert strives to be an active shareholder. REITs have abundant opportunities to maximize stakeholder value by being more sustainable and more transparent. We will encourage our portfolio companies to take these opportunities through direct engagement and coordinated campaigns with other asset owners.
Year-to-date rate of return: 15.36%
1-year rate of return: 11.75%
3-year rate of return: --
5-year rate of return: --
10-year rate of return: --
Previous year rate of return: -9.65%
Management fee: 0.4%
Expense ratio: --
Standard deviation: 15.45%
Benchmark used: S&P Global REIT Index
Disclaimer: The Vert Global Sustainable Real Estate Fund's investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses must be considered carefully before investing. The statutory, and if available summary prospectuses contain this and other important information about the investment company, and may be obtained by calling 1-844-740-VERT or visiting www.vertfunds.com. Read carefully before investing. Mutual fund investments involve risk. Principal loss is possible. Investors should be aware of the risks involved with investing in a fund concentrating in REITs and real estate securities, such as declines in the value of real estate and increased susceptibility to adverse economic or regulatory developments. Investments in foreign securities involve political, economic and currency risks, greater volatility and differences in accounting methods. A REIT’s share price may decline because of adverse developments affecting the real estate industry. REITs may be subject to special tax rules and may not qualify for favorable federal tax treatment which could have adverse tax consequences. The Fund's focus on sustainability may limit the number of investment opportunities available to the fund and at time the fund may underperform funds that are not subject to similar investment considerations. Diversification does not assure a profit or protect against loss in a declining market. The Vert Global Sustainable Real Estate Fund is distributed by Quasar Distributors, LLC.