Assets under management (AUM): $211.97M (in US$ millions) - See other performance data below
General Fund Type: International, Global, Foreign
Specific Sizes or Types of Investments: --
Financial Objective: Long term capital appreciation with income as a secondary objective by investing in equity securities in a wide ranges of industries.
Specific ESG Focus: New Alternatives Fund invests in companies which generate energy from renewable resources, produce products and provide services which benefit the environment, and contribute to a sustainable economy. The Fund seeks to be affirmatively socially responsible.
To invest, call: 800-423-8383 or 631-423-7373
New Alternatives Fund
Mutual Funds Description: New Alternatives Fund is the oldest mutual fund in the U.S. (est. 1982) investing in renewable energy and energy conservation companies.
150 Broadhollow Rd., #PH2
Melville,New York 11747
Web: http://www.newalternativesfund.com/ (Opens in a new window)
Minimum Account: $2500
Screening Venue: In-house
Screening Database Used:
Proxy Voting Guidelines or Policies: t
Proxy Voting Records: Open external link in new window
- Climate / Clean Technology: Positive Investment - New Alternatives Fund specifically invests in companies developing and producing renewable energy resources and materials and generating power from renewable energy.
- Pollution / Toxics: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment - New Alternatives Fund does not invest in companies extracting and developing fossil fuel based energy resources and materials.
- Other Environmental: Positive Investment - New Alternatives Fund specifically invests in companies that develop and produce materials and services that protect the environment, reduce pollution and build a sustainable economy.
- Community Development: Positive Investment
- Diversity & Equal Employment Opportunity: Positive Investment
- Human Rights: Positive Investment
- Labor Relations: Positive Investment
- Conflict Risk: No Investment
- Board Issues: Positive Investment
- Executive Pay: Positive Investment
- Alcohol: No Investment
- Animal Welfare: Positive Investment
- Defense/Weapons: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Gambling: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Tobacco: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Shareholder Engagement - Shareholder Resolutions: Filed or co-filed with companies on environmental, social or governance issues
Year-to-date rate of return: 22.92%
1-year rate of return: 14.84%
3-year rate of return: 9.12%
5-year rate of return: 5.86%
10-year rate of return: 7.11%
Previous year rate of return: -6.93%
Management fee: 0.56%
Expense ratio: 1.07%
Standard deviation: 15.21%
Benchmark used: S&P 500 Composite Total Return | External link (Opens in a new window)