Assets under management (AUM): $528.29M (in US$ millions) - See other performance data below
General Fund Type: Bond (Fixed Income)
Specific Sizes or Types of Investments: Corporate Bond
Financial Objective: The Fund seeks to maximize income, to the extent consistent with preservation of capital, through investment in bonds and income-producing securities.
Specific ESG Focus: The Fund seeks to apply environmental, social and governance (ESG) integration across sectors and holdings as part of its risk and opportunity assessment, and also seeks to avoid investing in tobacco companies.
To invest, call: 800-368-2748
Calvert Research and Management
Mutual Funds Description: Established in 1976, Calvert is a diversified investment management firm serving individual and institutional investors. Offers a wide array of products including more than 40 equity and fixed income mutual funds, workplace retirement options, and a national 529 college savings program. Recognized as a leader in taxable bond investing, Calvert also manages the largest family of mutual funds in the US that feature integrated environmental, social, and governance research.
Minimum Account: $2,000
Screening Venue: In-house
Screening Database Used:
Trade Order Management/Compliance
The Fund’s investment process is enhanced by the Advisor’s integrated investment research, which seeks to add value by complementing traditional fundamental security analysis with the Advisor’s proprietary assessment of critical environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) issues. The Fund seeks to apply ESG integration across sectors and holdings as part of its risk and opportunity assessment. Tobacco Exclusion. The Fund seeks to avoid investing in companies classified under the tobacco industry sector of the Barclays Global Aggregate Index, the Barclays U.S. High Yield Index or the Barclays Global Emerging Market Index; or, in the opinion of the Fund’s Advisor, any similar securities in the Barclays Municipal Index.
Proxy Voting Guidelines or Policies: Open external link in new window
Proxy Voting Records: Open external link in new window
- Climate / Clean Technology: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Pollution / Toxics: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Other Environmental: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Community Development: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Diversity & Equal Employment Opportunity: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Human Rights: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Labor Relations: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Conflict Risk: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Board Issues: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Executive Pay: Combination of Positive and Restricted/Exclusionary Strategies
- Alcohol: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Animal Welfare: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Defense/Weapons: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Gambling: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
- Tobacco: Restricted/Exclusionary Investment
Year-to-date rate of return: 10.71%
1-year rate of return: 9.21%
3-year rate of return: 3.49%
5-year rate of return: 3.59%
10-year rate of return: 4.58%
Previous year rate of return: -3.34%
Management fee: 0.52%
Expense ratio: 0.99%
Standard deviation: 3.92%
Benchmark used: Barclays Capital US Credit | External link (Opens in a new window)
Disclaimer: Investment in mutual funds involves risk, including possible loss of principal invested. You could lose money on your investment in the Fund or the Fund could underperform because of the following risks: the market prices of bonds held by the Fund may fall; individual investments of the Fund may not perform as expected; and/or the Fund's portfolio management practices may not achieve the desired result. Bond funds are subject to interest rate risk and credit risk. When interest rates rise, the value of fixed-income securities will generally fall. In addition, the credit quality of the securities may deteriorate, which could lead to default or bankruptcy of the issuer where the issuer becomes unable to pay its obligations when due. Investments in high-yield, high risk bonds can involve a substantial risk of loss. An active trading style can result in higher turnover (exceeding 100%), may translate to higher transaction costs, may increase your tax liability, and may affect Fund performance. The Fund is non-diversified and may be more volatile than a diversified fund.